View Single Post

Old 09-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Wink Thanks for the links on the hot weather holsters

I checked out the links and they look interesting; but north of $100 on Amazon, yeah pricey.

I'll keep them in mind if i ever start carrying IWB. Right now I'm looking for the "Perfect" (I know, ain't no such..) pocket carry holster.

I've got a Galco horsehide front pocket holster coming. Almost bought a Barsony concealment pocket holster; but the reviews scared me off. Seems like their quality has gotten inconsistent.

I experimented using Kydex formed so my 638 snaps into it. I may use that to customize my new Galco when it arrives; but it's part of a larger exploration of using Kydex to roll my own holsters.

I haven't found many "good" pocket holsters for my 638, so I'm working on a design to synthesize a Safariland style inner Kydex pocket, thermo-formed for an S&W J-Frame, with a larger/"square-ish" bottomed leather concealment layer; and just enough neoprene against my leg to make it comfortable. I like my Safariland pocket holster; but it's too narrow to work in a lot of my pants and shorts pockets.

You're right about hot weather, it is the most challenging holster weather for Pocket carry too. Come to think of it, I've got some Amphipod runner's pouches that have a good ventilation material against the skin....hmm, may explore that.

thanks for the ideas too.