View Single Post

Old 09-10-2016, 06:17 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ar 15 sport II

Seems I'm the only one that has had a problem with this rifle.
I purchased it 2 weeks ago. Took it to the rage to sight it in yesterday.
After about 6 rounds, i had a round not go off. Next my trigger didn't reset after a shot. I noticed the trigger pin had walked to the left letting the trigger shift. After pushing the pin back in, i had about 4 more rounds not go off do to soft pin strikes. And the trigger pin started to walk left.
I took it back to the store that i purchased it from. They are sending it to smith and wesson to fix. I will try to update this when i get it back and test it.
I don't know if smith and wesson will tell me what the problem is. If so, i will let you know.

After only one week, gander mountain told me my rifle was ready for pickup.
Seems the hammer spring was put in backwards at smith and wesson. The man at gander mountain said they had 3 other sprt II weapons that had that spring in backwards. Anyway, one week to get my rife back is really fast in anyone's book.
Took it to the range today. It had no problems at all. I am pleased with the speed and now with the rifle.
So if anyone you know of has this problem, you know what to look for. The hammer spring legs should extend from the bottom of the hammer's pin not the top.

Last edited by Hunter22443; 09-16-2016 at 05:45 PM.