View Single Post

Old 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Dana

What I gather from reading this is that if you remove the barrel from a revolver without damaging it the probability of a different barrel fitting right without some technical fitting skills is small. Gunsmithing is kind of a pastime time for me I've never done a pistol barrel replacement, I came across a four-inch new highway patrolman barrel the crown and forcing cone look to be in mint condition, plug aged it, it measures towards the lower part of the gap. I've already fitted a new cylinder that turned out well didn't have any problems with that. I've got all the tools to remove a barrel properly, and quite a bit of the appropriate tools other than doing a barrel backup job don't have a lathe. That being said I may never do it, the gun does have some sentimental value I've had it for a long time. It appears from the serial number to have been produced around 1966 to 1967 and has quite a bit of holster wear on the bottom front end of the barrel. It's had enough ammo through it the center pin that goes down the middle of the extractor rod had warned short, and I replace that so it would open right. Patience is the source of all wisdom.

Last edited by Riccati; 09-17-2016 at 12:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: