Thread: My Baby AR
View Single Post

Old 09-22-2016, 06:53 PM

Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL9CK View Post
That picture is from my first day out when I was unaware the ammo had to be staggered. That might be a reason for my FTE issues. Since then I have ensured the bullets stagger correctly after loading the magazine.

Thanks for the link to that! It's the first I'm seeing and it looks incredibly awesome! I definitely need one!

I did clean it thoroughly before shooting.

It's hard to find any 22LR ammo locally especially CCI. Today I went to a shop farther from my house. They only had CCI Standard Velocity in stock so I picked up a box of 500. I hope to try it out tomorrow.

I'm surprised to see you had that many issues with the 10/22. I've heard it's one of the more reliable 22 rifles out there.

Thank you for sharing that! I knew I had seen a list like this somewhere at some point in my research on the M&P15-22. My printed manual does not have this list and after contacting S&W they told me they do not specifically recommend specific manufactures and simply told me to look for ammo that meets SAAMI standards. I'm glad to see that the CCI Standard Velocity ammo that I purchased today is on this list.

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys. I'm a gun newbie and I'm all about learning.

This still leaves my question about the charging handle unanswered though. Is the MST worth the extra cost over the Tacticool 22?
Just ordered a new 15-22. Have'nt got it yet so can't comment. But I do have a 10-22 which I bought in 1978. Still shoots as well as the day I bought it. Terriffic gun.
The Following User Likes This Post: