View Single Post

Old 09-23-2016, 04:20 PM

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Below is what I posted in another thread about these bent springs. The new ones I received have not bent yet after probably 30 loads and unloads but no live firing yet. The old/original ones bent after 3 loads in the 7 round mag so these do seem better than the first "junk"....

Ok, so just got off the phone with CS and was told, they have/had some "issues" with the Shield springs. I said is this a heat treat issue with just a certain run of them that falls into a specific time frame or a design "issue" that has been going on since the Shield came out? He says I'm not sure, all I know is the engineers have redesigned some things and I have the newest of the new springs, that I received on Friday 9/9. I said what's new they look identical to the old springs (when not collapsed) the heat treating process? He said he doesn't know for sure what is different, "just engineering things, that engineers do" "I've been a gun guy for 40 years" he says, well me too, I feel way better now!!!

He says keep testing them (lol) if I continue to have more issues with the "newest of the new" design and I feel this may be more than just a spring issue (which I don't believe he thinks is the case) they would need me to send the mag/mags in for evaluating so there you have it.