View Single Post

Old 09-26-2016, 04:54 PM

Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
What do you mean by "same loading cycle? As in each time it's loaded and unloaded?
Yes, a loading cycle refers to loading a magazine and then unloading, as would be done in normal operation.
Quote:
In that case i don't know, I don't count. I have mags from 20 years ago that still work fine and I use them ...if not weekly then definitely monthly. I have battlefield mags that are original from conflicts and wars. They were made in the 60s, 70, 80s AK mags from Yugoslavia and FAL mags from Rhodesia)...and I still use them to this day. My carry mag is from the ban era. I've been using it for 7 years. Works just fine. So I suppose a new one may be loaded 500,000 times where as mine have 400,000 left.
Again, if your point is that a fully compressed magazine spring in a typical $30 magazine is unaffected by such continuous compression for extended periods of time, and that only "cycling" the spring "kills" the spring, we disagree. Both cycling and time under compression are factors that "kill" springs in typical pistol magazines.
The Following User Likes This Post: