Thread: Strike fire 2
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
And I like that it takes a standard AAA.
Just so you know there's a reason new batteries are taking over. They are much better than the old style batteries. Start with the fact CR2 batteries (the ones used in the Strikefire 2) run at 3 volts instead of 1.5 like AAA batteries do. Then there's the fact they hold a charge for as much as 10 years. They don't leak power like AAA or AA batteries do. Those expiration dates on AA and AAA batteries are there for a good reason. They lose power whether you are using them or not. Lithium based batteries like the CR2 lose far less power.

That means you can buy a couple of batteries and be set for years. It doesn't take a lot to power a red dot sight. So you can leave your rifle in the safe or standing in a corner (if you have it for HD or whatever) and not worry that it won't work when you need it to work.

There are certainly advantages of AAA batteries. You can find them anywhere. And they're cheaper. But in the long run for the purpose we're looking at (red dot sight) the CR2 battery is a much better choice IMO. Yeah they aren't as available but that's what the internet is for. I just ordered a couple of extra batteries for my Strikefire 2. It cost me $6 with free shipping from Amazon. Maybe it was $7. It could have been $6 on eBay. Whatever that isn't a lot for batteries that have the features they have. As always YMMV.