View Single Post

Old 10-05-2016, 11:00 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieqz View Post
the truth is, no one is willing to do the best training for self defense.
if they were, they would all learn point shooting.
With all due respect to your skill with point shooting, I'm not sure I agree this is necessary. There is no reason not to use sights when the distance exceeds 5 yards. Closer in, the flash sight picture or even point shooting, to include shooting from the hip, may be necessary.

Some will say that point shooting is necessary because a person can close the distance from 10 yards very quickly. That's true, but by the time you bring the gun to bear, they aren't 10 yards anymore, are they? If they are at 10 yards, you have more time to use your sights and be sure.

I'm not saying point shooting has no value. Just that the range where it is most valuable is not greater than 5 yards. Further, even with thousands of rounds of practice, most people won't be as precise as you are when point shooting. That's just the way it is.

While all this is interesting to me and many others, shakyshoot is correct, this thread is about precision shooting. If you want to participate, please join us and post your results.