View Single Post

Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslaver View Post
I wouldn't want to lose my 396, but I still carry it and figure my life and those around me are worth more than it is. Plus, I believe that if I am evolved in something justifiable, I will get it back and it won't take that long, at least in this state. If not the problem is going to be expensive enough that the gun's worth will be a small part of the bill.

Yes, I have a CA Bulldog and a Taurus 431 that work fine and are less valuable, but, if I really need a gun, I want the best one, not a pretty good one.
Yes, Ssteelslaver, I agree completely... For goodness sake, although we all like to shoot and collect, we want the very best gun that we own for self defense. Let's say you paid a thousand dollars for it. Or two thousand. And it saved your life. Even if you ultimately lost the gun, or it gets tied up in court as a piece of evidence. So what? Wasn't it worth it? What price do you want to put on your life? Same thing for self defense ammunition. I'm carrying in my 357 EDC, Speer 135 gr Gold Dot short barrel .357 mag ammo, that rums over a dollar up to a dollar and a half per round. Hard to find also,even at that price. But I trust it, and so what if it were two dollars a round; your life may just very well depend on it.

Best Regards, Les