View Single Post

Old 10-08-2016, 03:34 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 27,996 Times in 8,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear View Post
My God man, that movie had one of the greatest lines ever. "The difference between winners and losers, Losers snivel, I did my best. Winners **** the prom Queen."

Yes, the rest of the movie was trash, but Sean Connery delivering that line was worth the price of admission many times over.

As someone who returned to school at 50 + years old, I can't recount the number of times I reminded both students and staff of the above. Students just gave me a strange look, the staff, just left me alone, then gave me a passing grade.
Great line. Connery did have all the good lines in that film. For some reason I was partial to "Welcome to The Rock!" I remember annoying my friends for months afterwards with that line when answering my front door.

And the car chase through San Francisco. I know it's politically correct among movie connoisseurs to be all excited about the one in "Bullitt", but that airborne cable car was something else.

As for walking out of movies, I don't remember ever doing that. I either knew enough about the movie that the situation didn't occur, or I went to a movie that wasn't my choice with somebody else, and the somebody else was usually more important than whatever happened on the screen .

Since I'm netflixing/streaming, I peek into a lot of movies that I end up not watching, but I guess that doesn't have the gravity of walking out of one you've driven to and paid for.