View Single Post

Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 PM

Liked 29,299 Times in 13,851 Posts
Default My Dad had a pistol and...

... a shotgun, but I never saw them and he never brought them out. He did get me BB guns for Christmas though. We talked very little about shooting for fun or sport.

My Mom was afraid of guns, she was of the old school knowing people that got killed 'cleaning their guns' and she saw a guy get shot and killed in her little home town and she was looking for a friend when she saw that some relative had died while 'cleaning his gun'. She left and never told anybody.

My bro had BB guns, too, and joined the Air Force and shot a gun for rifle training, once. Then later I found out he had tried some skeet. A friend had a .22 rifle I shot a few times.

So, I had no gun people around me. On my own without any prompting, when I bought a house I bought a gun along with it and started shooting some, then a guy in the gun store said I should try a Lee Hand loader. Then I met some adults that were real gun people. When I found out that there were people around like me, things picked up. A couple of friends showed me how to work a reloading press and the rest is history, still being made.