View Single Post

Old 10-28-2016, 08:07 PM

Liked 798 Times in 250 Posts
Default I really need help choosing a snub nose J frame to get...Don't have one yet

The options are (for now) between:

640-1 police trade in
640 Pro

Now what I want to do with the gun is occasional backup carry only in winter with a coat pocket. I do not nor will I ever plan to holster up and carry this revolver. So it will strictly be as a coat pocket BACKUP (or primary if situation presents itself that way).

With that being said its main role will simply be fun at the range. I love a short barrel revolver so I'm looking forward to getting one.

So I mainly have 357 magnums but I also have a butt load of 38 special reloads of mine. I really like the idea of carrying .357 as a backup but I think its more a psychological advantage than a real advantage. Out of a 2" barrel you just can't get the power of a .357 and might as well use a .38 +p. However as a backup I'd probably just throw in some 158gr wadcutters and call it a day.

So .357 sounds fun, especially at the range. But I love love love the look of a bright blue revolver!!!!! The 442 would just be a smart move all around as a backup pocket IMO price to what you get. I'm also concerned about a hammered revolver in a pocket.

Any advice is appreciated guys.

Whatever I get these will be going on it.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 10-28-2016 at 08:22 PM.