View Single Post

Old 11-04-2016, 11:15 AM

Liked 63 Times in 41 Posts

If offered a choice, at a reasonable price increase, I'd buy pistols with ambi-everything (like my HK P30S). And I'm right handed and never use the safety, except for emergency "cease fire, range is cold!" scenarios.

If having the ambi controls raises the price of the pistol, say, $100 (like the Mark IV price premium over the Victory), I would not pay the extra money for that gun. For a target/plinking gun that is. For a defensive pistol, I'd be willing to put out more cash for ambi-everything.

For me, ambi is much more important for a defense pistol. There are scenarios for that where you may have to switch hands. And you need ambi-everything for those cases. An ambi-safety would be the least of the three that I'd want. First, I'd want an ambi-mag release, next an ambi-slide release, and in last place, an ambi-safety. But I would still want all three. Many defense guns are DAO or DA/SA and don't require safeties IMHO. For the SA guns, you need a safety. Some guns, like my P30S, can be carried DA/SA (just ignore the safety if you carry it that way), or SA, where you need the safety.