View Single Post

Old 11-04-2016, 05:41 PM

Liked 29,254 Times in 13,833 Posts
Default I'd take the gun trip....

I'd take the gun trip anytime.

My perks were good parties with great food and some interesting travel. And the yearly golf and tennis tournament.

The company did have a big preserve where they took customers and suppliers to 'hunt', but they never indulged me. I don't think I would have liked their style of hunting anyway. Especially the 'duck tower' that crowded ducks out until they had to take a glide over the lake and "POW".

I did get invited to a nice deer hunt once on a company. The deer just laughed at me. Just as well. I decided I'm not a hunter unless I had to be.

The idea of a trip to the range appeals to me highly.

The indoor range I use needs muffs and plugs for ear protection. I never had a flinch until I went in there. They have two ranges, one for pistol and one for rifle. I tried my carbine out on the rifle range. I ran my target all the way back and the mechanism knocked the whole thing, target carrier, weight and target on the floor 20 yards away. I went and told them what happened and they said, "Don't send the targets all the way to the back." I thought this was kind of stupid. Don't they have mechanisms to stop the target before it gets ripped off?