View Single Post

Old 11-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Liked 114 Times in 12 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Well I think we have a winner. On the advice of the Firearms Engravers Guild of America (FEGA), I emailed Mr. Hendrik Fruhauf in Germany who per the FEGA historian is "along with being, arguably the top engraver in Germany, is also the top historian of German engravers".

To my delight, Mr. Fruehauf, replied to my email very quickly and validated what Claus Willig said about the engraving being the work of Mr. Gustav Schildbach.

Per my last post, Mr. Willig said that Kurt Jager in Mainz Germany was a gunsmith and dealer and was the brother of Paul Jaeger in Jenkintown, PA who was also a well-known gunsmith and dealer in the USA. Paul would ordered engravings in Germany with Kurts help and that Kurt would essentially sub-out the engravings to Emil Willig, Claus Willig or Gustav Schildbach.

So now we know who the engraver is, I started doing some digging and guess what,,,,, that's right, no information to be found anywhere regarding Mr. Schildbach. So now I have to ask you guys if you know anything about Mr. Schildbach or if you have any other examples of his work.

Hopefully someone has info; I am looking forward to it.

Have a great day,
The Following 4 Users Like Post: