View Single Post

Old 11-20-2016, 11:37 PM

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts

This thread is a great read. I really like to see all this input come together with minimal bickering. Pretty rare online, these days.
Like a lot of you guys, I just wanted a 308. I was really into the M1A since I own and carry several XD pistols. My boss put me onto the M&P10 and I was pretty sold off the reviews. I called every gun store within 100 miles and nobody had one, until I got a call from the manager at my local Cabelas telling me that he found one hiding in his warehouse and was holding it for me. Haven't seen another in town since.
My idea was to have one rifle to fulfill all needs. One rifle I could pick up and go at anytime and survive with. Hunt, defend, ect. I held my baby for the first time and fell in love. After a little scope trial and error, I settled on the Nikon M-308 with a set of Magpul off sets, Magpul furniture and a hogue grip. I now feel comfortable in my ability to take food at longer range or turn 45 degrees and and CQB.
Another selling point was the price, availability and function of magazines. The Magpul 25 rounders are great.
I haven't yet been able to range out past 500 yards, but everything inside of that has been a piece of cake, and I am by no means the second coming of Chris Kyle. A 20 inch barrel would be great, but I'm not complaining.
Edit: I did lose the forward grip. Didn't need it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0707.jpg (74.6 KB, 36 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: