View Single Post

Old 11-23-2016, 11:32 PM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

[QUOTE=clarkz71;139341383]That doesn't sound right, do you have the stock striker spring?

What gauge are you using to check pull?

Apex striker block & spring; Apex FSS & spring; Apex FF trigger with green spring.

Lyman digital gauge. 5 pull average.

All metal contact parts are polished, especially the trigger bar and striker block channel.

Apex told me the expected pull weight is around 4#, so 3.75# was acceptable to them.

I have been adjusting the trigger bar loop to get the correct take up, break, over travel and reset. Starting to feel right, but light. Apex said to move the loop only 3-5 thou at a time. That is time consuming and patience testing, but I'm getting there.

One comment from Apex was this trigger has better leverage pulling from the bottom so it feels even lighter than it measures, especially with polished parts. Yep.

This is intended to be a carry gun. I'm probably going to try to adjust for as much take up as I can, although I know there is not supposed to be much. That also helps with a more tactile reset. Doing this will quickly run out of enough trigger stroke to drop the sear far enough. Balance. Timing.