View Single Post

Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Liked 165 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus35745 View Post
See post #10, the 8 shot I had, the loaded moon clips had to be jiggled a little to get them in. They DIDN'T drop in like they do on a 625 with no resistance. The grooves on 357 are different diameters from all the manufacturers and some are loose and some tight. Certain moon clips are made for certain brands of brass and work better for loading. This could be your problem, not sure. I was too cheap to buy the expensive moon clips. Larry
It's not an ammo/moonclip matching problem. I used both Revolver Supply Co (good) and TK Customs (the best) and both had this issue. The rounds freeze going into the cylinder even if they're sloppy-loose in the clip because at least one catches on the charge hole's lip. Perversely, the rock solid TK's are almost worse since they're so rigid.

I got to compare this gun to several other 627's since I compete in ICORE. Most had a little bit of the cylinder peeking past the ejector, which is fine, but none had a mismatch this severe.

It's been back at Smith for two days now and I'm still waiting on the email saying it's been taken in.
The Following User Likes This Post: