View Single Post

Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default Update on FF trigger pull weight

After adjusting my trigger bar loop to get my FF trigger to dry fire every time, with the green spring at just under 4 lbs., I finally took the unfired gun to the range.

My first three shots went off pretty well, however, out of the next five I had three light strikes. I took the gun home and closed the loop about .003" twice, and the trigger seemed to perform better in dry fire. Basically, this adjustment put in a little more pre-travel and allowed the trigger bar to move the striker block more out of the way so the striker would not drag on the block when the sear let loose a little later (timing).

However, now the trigger felt heavier. Measured it was almost 5# with the green spring. Actually shooting it may have forced some tension adjustments, or the parts just settled.

I replaced the green spring with the silver spring and now have a reliable (250 rounds with no failures) very good 4.2# trigger--just what I wanted.

I shot from a rest today with Lawman commercial brass FMJ 9mm 115 grn. at 7 yards. One hole about the size of a quarter for 10 shots. I shot a tighter group with my Barnes carry ammo, but only 6 rounds. The gun works and shoots fine. Thanks S&W and Apex. I know what the gun will do. Good confidence.

Now to train and elevate my skills closer to the capabilities of the gun. I'm looking at mounting a red dot and suppressor height sights.
The Following User Likes This Post: