Thread: FBI 1076
View Single Post

Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 AM

Liked 575 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Truth View Post
FBI designation adds zero value, eh? You sellin'? Because that's some straight up ignorant stuff there, man. Haha.

I think you're missing the point once again, clouded by your own personal bias.

I'm not a Smith and Wesson guy, I'm a 10mm guy. I'm not buying the 1076 because it's the be all end all with the best trigger on planet Earth and performance center parts. As I said, if you could read, the history of this gun and the CONTEXT of these guns in the world at the time are not like many other guns. They just aren't. Whether you agree or not, that makes them special to some people.

So you can take your performance center guns and high end customs, but they'll never compare to the 1076 as far as the history of the 10mm cartridge goes, and that's what it's about for me. To compare the 1076 to these higher end guns is just silly and it's a moot point because no one is saying these 1076s are necessarily a "better gun." You're comparing apples to oranges. I'll say it again - it's the provenance of these guns which is appealing.

Also you mentioned inflating the price of these guns on gunbroker. How is putting up a NO RESERVE auction with no buy it now price and starting it at $.01 inflating the price? The market is literally deciding the price of these guns and the market says they are going up in value right now. Maybe you're just upset that you didn't buy a few when they were still $500 a pop?
Yeah, maybe every one here should have bought every third gen that they could have gotten their hands on in the 1990s. They would have a booming business these days, literally.

My 1076 has actually been worked over by Novaks who do great 3rd gen work and it has the best trigger out of any 1076 I have ever seen since you all I am sure know that the 1076s normal trigger is not very smooth at all. I like my 1076 but imo it is a 750-1200 dollar gun. I guess the ones on GB right now selling for 1500 -2000 grand with FBI letters are just outside the normal range? I don't think so, I think it is sites such as this and reflect in GB pricing that has pushed the market up. So now you have pawn owners across the nation looking for beat up or whatever 1076 that they can find to stick on the auction site to get big bucks for them. I guess they probably will settle down again but the days of 500-600 dollar third gens is long gone. Making some of the new Performance Center pieces good deals at 850-1200 so I guess it is what it is.

I love my 1076 but it sucks to see it artificially inflated by all this FBI hype like that should add value to it. Again the FBI ordered 10 thousand of them, the VA state police ordered 2 thousand of them and they made 13 grand. When the FBI cancelled their contract, Smith and Wesson sent the rest of them to armories not very far from their own factory most of them stayed on the east coast at LEO armory shops.

If you all are doing it to discuss collectable 1076s that is cool, but when you see this site and some new members piling on then go to the auction sites and see the same pieces with letters? It is a little like are they doing this to discuss the firearm and its history or are they doing this to increase price?

Does not in the end matter to me, I am keeping my Novak 1076 anyway.

Carry on 1076s