View Single Post

Old 12-08-2016, 01:18 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Greetings, All,

Well, I finally had a chance to run 100+ rounds through my Shield 9, and I have to say, I LOVE this little pistol!! This range session convinced me that I do NOT need to replace the trigger, as mine is crisp, clean, and feels great! The pistol, itself, was 100% reliable, and shoots to POA very nicely!! I was shooting WW White Box 147 grain JHP's and they fed and extracted, perfectly, with no jams or other problems. The recoil was surprisingly light! I'm used to shooting my Glock G27 and 23, and so the Shield 9 was a a very easy recoiling pistol, IMHO. The facts that it's so reliable, and that it shoots to POA, make this pistol one of my favorites, and it will probably replace my 642 as an EDC BUG. I love the 642, as well, but much prefer to have a few more rounds available, and a quick reload, if necessary. After the terrorist shootings, just down the mountain in San Bernardino, CA, more rounds, and easier reloads are no longer theoretically important. They are of PARAMOUNT importance, to me!!

Just thought I'd post this update, and will do more as I get more time to shoot. Our local range remains shut down, due to the constant threat of forest fires. So, I had to drive to a range 2 1/2 hours South, to shoot with my brother at his club range.

As the WW White box 147 grain JHPs are so accurate, and function nicely, I'll keep using those. But, I've also bought some WW Train and Defend ammo, in the same 147 grain weight, and if it is as reliable as the White box stuff, and as accurate, I'll switch to T&D.

I have been using a G-Code Incog Eclipse holster with the regular "mojo", for the Shield, and love it! I'll add a few more holsters, and end up with enough to cover several scenarios, as needed. Thanks for reading, and thanks to S&W for the most excellent Shield 9 pistol!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Last edited by Doc Mark; 12-08-2016 at 01:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: