Thread: Mags
View Single Post

Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwhit View Post
As everyone else - including yourself - has retorted on this site (and others) every time I mention price as a consideration, I will in this case likewise ask you question, what price do you put on your life?

The stainless steel magazines will not rust, corrode or deform under the tension of the spring. They are currently about $14 each from CDNN. CDNN sells PMags for about $10 each. Gander Mountain has PMags for $14 each (no shipping charge, of course, but you do pick up a sales tax). Are you really saying that $4 a magazine is worth betting your life on the "creep" of plastic under constant strain?
You are foolish to think that the difference in stainless steel C-Mags, PMags or Alum USGI mags will make a difference in a life or death situation. Mags are disposable wear items not lifetime investments.

SS C-mags are good mags. Nothing wrong with them but paying more money for the SS body does not make sense to me because it does not equate to better performance.

Pmags are proven to work. They are proven to last and they are cheaper. I pay about $8 for Gen2s with no covers shipped to my door. I can get USGI D&H mags with Magpul followers for $6.99 shipped. I am not going to get 75% to 100% better performance out of a SS C-mag am I?

I do not believe that the added weight is worth a slight hypothetical uptick in durability. The springs and followers are much more likely to fail me than the body IMHO. This is why I shoot what I shoot and I am willing to bet my life on them. If a mag fails I will hank it out and load another as I have trained myself to do.

Part of my comment was also the fact you are overpaying for C-mags. At $14 CDNN is raping you. You can get the C-mags with the Birdsongs Black T finish for $9.99. At that price if I wants some heavier mags I might consider them.

Your what is your life worth argument is a red herring. Your claims have no foundation in objective fact only hyperbole.

Last edited by WVSig; 12-17-2016 at 12:08 PM.