Thread: Mags
View Single Post

Old 12-19-2016, 10:50 PM
US Veteran

Liked 714 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveally View Post
In California and I also have a new rifle. I purchased extra pmags and hex mags and have not been disappointed with either. I shot through 3 full hex mag loads (90 rounds) without a malfunction in any of them. I will say that if your bolt is forward and your mag is full, it can be hard to get the magazine locked in the well, requires a bit of extra pressure upon insertion. Other than that, they have worked great for me. I ordered from CheaperThanDirt. I highly recommend ordering from there, especially if you are in Califor nia. You will be very pleasantly surprised.
I'm not sure f your post was directed at me or not. In case it was. The Mossberg MVP is a bolt rifle designed to use AR15 magazines. While what you say is true concerning a full magazine, bolt open or closed doesn't make a difference. I think it is the material thickness of the polymer vs metal magazine at the feed lips that is the difference. Metal pops right in bolt open or closed. Polymer has to be hit so hard it hurts the hand some. Both snap right in with no problems with the AR.