View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 11:42 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Sport bolts were MP stamped. Unless they have changed, the BCG is the same in the Sport as it is in the rest of the lineup. This was true with the original Sport with the 1:8 twist barrel, so it is possible that it no longer applies to the Sport II... but someone on here that owns a Sport II should be able to verify the markings on the bolt.
I believe there was a time that Sport II bolts were MP marked but these days they are not to my knowledge. The marking went away around the same time as the 18 twist IIRC. Higher end S&W rifles list the MP an HPT testing IIRC but the Sport II does not. Many people speculate that they are the same bolts but they skip the testing on the Sport II to save $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV
Obviously, I was hoping some of the Sport II owners (which I would think would be in abundance here) would be able to tell me if what I described sounds typical, or odd.
As I said, this BCG appears visibly different from what I remember my others being, and definitely different from the 2 I saw in my LGS yesterday. I figured there would be knowledgeable folks here that would be able to provide some info on way or the other, merely based on my description.
It really wasn't that complicated.
It is more complicated than you would think. Sport IIs are not all the same. They have changed since their original introduction. You have also given no information about which version of the Sport II you own.

Does it have the forward assist and dust cover? Did it come with a Magpul rear sight? Is the mysterious green bolt a FA BCG or is it SA? This info would help people narrow it down.

To be honest pics of the bolt would be best if you are unwilling to give more accurate info its hard to complain about the responses you are getting.

Last edited by WVSig; 12-20-2016 at 11:47 AM.