View Single Post

Old 12-20-2016, 11:08 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
I don't know that you'll ever really save money by reloading. Yes, the ammo you make will be much cheaper than factory stuff but once you factor in the equipment costs it may be more expensive to reload.
Very true - and I have posted similar MANY times on MANY forums - get into reloading as an extension of your interest in shooting and NOT as a cost savings measure. The ability to tailor loads for particular uses is something you can never have by buying ammo. Also it sure was nice to have the components on hand when others were scrambling during the 'hard times'. Also it's nice to be able to 'knock out' a few hundred rounds in short order to go shooting and not have to chase around to buy ammo for an impromptu shooting session. However reloading is not for everybody and I have known more than a few who got into it and lost interest very quickly and sold their equipment. Either they were not really into shooting as much as they thought or simply were not 'wired' for the dedicated and procedural repetitiveness that reloading requires.

Last edited by Mistered; 12-20-2016 at 11:18 PM.