View Single Post

Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 PM

Liked 1,766 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
Federal has introduced an HST "Micro" round, specifically designed for short barrel handguns. I saw some today for .380($18.27) and 9mm($22.47) in Walmart. I picked up a few boxes.

The weights of each round were what caught my eye...along with what I consider reasonable prices for new product -especially from Federal. The 9mm is 150gr (a new "heaviest" for caliber) and the 380 is 99gr. The few test I've seen in videos say that they are BOTH exceptionally mild in recoil (a good thing), low flash (also good), but while I was hoping to see another inch or so of penetration from the .380 above the normal 90gr rounds...it didn't happen.

I must admit I don't quite know what to expect from these when I shoot them, the .380 especially. Anybody here done any shooting with them? What can you tell us?
I just purchased a box of Hydro shock 90gr no P+ for my .380's and fired off my old SD rounds and I like the accuracy and noticed the difference between HST and Hornady as in less muzzle lift .I USE A 10 X 15 box stuffed with an old wool coat and had no problem with penetration
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.9 KB, 62 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: