View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Illinois has both a "Castle" law and a "Stand Your Ground" law.

Many here seem to think they should give some kind of command to a Perp that has broken into your home to I guess either give up or be shot .. they're afraid they're going to shoot someone that is innocent if they don't .. but how can that be if they're in your home uninvited at an odd time of the night ..

many murders are accidental when a person is confronted and out of fear the burglar does something that kills the home owner !! They had no intention other then to rob a home but because they were found out violence was the end result !! That scenario happened to the neighbor of a friend .. she awoke to some one burglarizing her home while her husband was a work and that person killed her .. sadly we both knew the murderer as did the victim ..

I have a GSD and if a BG(s) breaks into my home she will let everyone know there is a stranger in the house .. if they were to harm her and continue into my home there would be no warning from me .. at night there are several night lights that are bright enough and in the right position to back light anyone approaching the bedrooms .. during the day I carry all day every day .. living here in the country there is never a time when I don't have a pistol on me ..

Last edited by Whitwabit; 01-04-2017 at 09:44 PM.