View Single Post

Old 01-05-2017, 12:05 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woff View Post
So what is the actual benefit of a full length guide rail? Some articles say it recoil less and others say it will improve accuracy. The m&p is already one of the lowest recoil in handguns on the market except maybe a heavy sp-01 or a rotating barrel px4.
Polymer guns flex in recoil, some more than others. To an extent, flexing reduces recoil, but too much flex gives a bad recoil impulse. And a polymer frame that flexes a lot has the potential for innaccuracy and faster wear.

Stiffening the front end has apparently helped slightly reduce recoil as shown in one of the new videos (American Guns?). A stiffer frame could also contribute to increased accuracy.

I made the mistake of resting the dust cover of my V1 FS M&P 9 on a sandbag for accuracy testing. The softness of the dust cover threw shots away from the bull and gave me large groups. I then rested the gun on the trigger guard and with a very solid bottom rear grip rest and produced on target small groups. Flex in the dust cover is not a great thing.