View Single Post

Old 01-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad View Post
In my original post I asked the above question. I thank everyone for their input and impressions.

I also stated in the 1st post I didn't want Fed involvement. I also understand as Watchdog has basically pointed out they are already involved just thru the act of proposing this bill. I'm with ChattanoogaPhil, I don't want the Fred messing with my NC permit. I'm sure I would feel different if I lived in a more restrictive state. But I don't.
Dan, the thing of it is, a lot of people seem to be getting upset over something that hasn't even happened yet. I think the bill went to committee. If it has, it'll probably sit there for who knows how long. It may not even make it out of committee...may not even be brought to the floor for a vote. May not pass if it does. If it does, it still has to pass the Senate. And so on and so forth. This bill's so far up in the air, it's in geosynchronous orbit over Washington.

Even if it becomes law, it may bear little or no resemblance to the bill as it's written right now.

The bottom line is...no one has a clue what's gonna happen with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I don't care if the NRA, GOA or if Heston rises fron the grave and endorses it.

Under no circumstances will I support any opportunity for Chuck Schumer and the rest of the gun-grabbers in Washington to be meddling with anything to do with my Tennessee carry permit.

No thanks.
We're all free to voice our opposition to this bill in any way we see fit, but fact is, Congress really doesn't care if you support it or not. You and I don't get to vote on it...they do. You can say "no, thanks" all you wish...if it becomes law, it becomes law, period.

If it eventually does become law (I'm not holding my breath), it'll probably be challenged in court every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

That'd be something to see, though, wouldn't it...ol' Heston climbing up out of the grave, a rusty and pitted gun clutched in what's left of his cold dead hand? Bet that'd make a heck of a bumper sticker! Whew.