View Single Post

Old 01-06-2017, 04:50 PM

Liked 102 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominCt View Post
That's the issue. I measured mine and it's 5 1/4 from end of handguard end cap to end of barrel. I don't want any gaps anywhere so that should be a 'custom' length to get it right. Don't know why they don't make it exactly to size for the Sport ? I might be doing something wrong. I have to wait on them for the proper awnser.
Okay, I just got off the phone with them. I spoke to a guy named Jody (I think that's his name). I asked him if it were legal in CT and of course he said he wasn't an attorney, but he didn't see the issue with a non-threaded barrel shroud. I also asked him about the length of the barrel. I told him I wanted it fully covered. He said to get the 6 inch (the 4.5 inch will leave a gap) and take off the end cap ring (it has 4 slots) then slip on the barrel shroud then put the ring back on. We don't need a tool to do that. I actually found a video of a guy doing exactly this. Here's the link...
I still don't see any language saying we can't do this in CT. I'm thinking I'm going to do it.

Last edited by 32icon; 01-06-2017 at 07:16 PM.