View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 03:15 AM

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Ok, Gorilla glue held through 150 rounds of Miwall 124 gr 9mm reloads. Good to go!

I also ended up really liking the Sig P320's Trijicon HD sights in yellow. I found that it was more precise and didn't blur as much as the orange. Additionally, the yellow "popped" better in darker light conditions where the orange was harder to see. I decided to redo the front sights of my other test pistols to mimic the yellow color.

I went to Kohl's and bought "Tennis Ball Yellow", "Black Licorice", and "Snow White", nail polish colors to test. I used black to redo the rear sights since the Sharpie black had a purple-ish tint to it; much better now.

Control: Sig P320 with Trijicon HD Yellow

Shield:

HK P2000

Ruger SP101. Since the front sight post was black, I painted on a base coat of white first then applied the color coat. I found that orange was better suited for the stainless steel sight picture.

Side project: The P2000 pictured here is not the same P2000 originally posted. I swapped my 9mm variant for the .40 variant because I had too many 9mm pistols and wanted a larger caliber to carry. While waiting for the 10-day, I ordered a few parts to upgrade.

The HK45C Mag Release is a common upgrade in the HK community. I figured, "What the heck, let's try it." The upgrade seriously makes a WORLD of difference. Mag changes are much, much easier now with thumb, index, or middle fingers. Manipulating with my off-hand was a breeze as well.

Before:

After:

Also OEM .357 Sig bbl for multi-caliber carry. I plan on carrying Underwood's hot, hot 1500+ FPS 125gr Gold Dot rounds.