View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 04:17 PM

Liked 1,845 Times in 837 Posts

i try to hit the range at least monthly, and i take at least one of my MP9's and one of my .22's for both practice and yes playtime. I tend to start with the 9's, probably go thru a box or two of ammo until i'm done and feeling at least consistent in what i was working on. There are times my first mag or two does real well, then the next one looks like **** (all me). I dont stop until i figure out what i was doing wrong and try to fix it.
Then its play time with the .22's, and maybe finish with a solid mag worth in the 9 again.

Now I've seen others walk into the range with their gun in a holster or in a purse (no range bag), at most go thru 2 mags worth, then leave. If they were on Target, ok. But they are all over the place. I dont know their story, but all i can think about is if all their shots were poor at short distances in a "relaxed" and controlled atmosphere, what the heck could happen out there in a tough real life situation.

Only speaking for myself, but if i can barely hit a piece pf paper 5 yds in front of me at the range, i wanna know why before i leave. I sure wont be satisfied......