Thread: Why An IWB?
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM

Liked 26,182 Times in 8,813 Posts

In my younger days (before I discovered the finer foods in life) I was thin and IWB was a comfortable and viable way to carry My Chief Special. It is easy to conceal it and was relatively easy to pull out quickly. After packing on a few pounds it became less comfortable and I also discovered pocket carry for the Chief's.

My IWB holster of choice for the 5 shot Chief's was the cheap, floppy and very thin suede pouch type. They don't allow easy one handed re-holstering however that was never a concern to me. If I pulled it people will see and or hear it anyway. I could always stick it in my pocket or waist band for proper re-holstering later.

If one is going to IWB carry a larger frame gun like a Glock, Sig, 1911 etc. it really means that you would have to buy pants in the next size larger in order to comfortably do so. When NOT carrying IWB other pants would have to be worn if you want them to look right. So in that sense it is a dedicated option IMHO. However for a Chief's Special (or similar size gun) you might get away with your standard Jeans or Pants assuming your weight does not increase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0266.jpg (116.9 KB, 55 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: