View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Baird View Post
SWrevolverfan: I sure hope yours doesn't have the black paint goo mine had on the crane. Man, my Dunk-it didn't break it down. Solvent didn't break it down. An HD degreaser helped a little, but I have no idea what it was! Took many washings to get it off my hands and still have it under my nails. My internals were pretty clean, considering. The bore and cylinder channels are coated in lead too. Jeez. Left it in pieces for tonight! haha
Hey Dave Baird, I got lucky and mine is pretty clean. The ejector rod and cylinder are actually almost clean and there's none of the black stuff on or in the crane. There is some sticky lubricant on it from being stored but it's coming off easily.

I got real lucky with this one. The lock up is the best I've ever seen on any revolver, new or used. It hasn't been used much and looks well cared for except for the usual scratches but none are major.

I will do a detailed cleaning this weekend, but it's actually clean enough to shoot now, that said I know there is some cleaning to to be done under the side plate.

The old oil is actually just a little tacky but not really "gummy" enough to keep it from operating until I can clean it.

Thanks again for your help.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: