View Single Post

Old 01-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Liked 9,976 Times in 2,065 Posts

I handled but not fired one of the new 2.0 pistols, I also already have a full size 9mm that was built April of 2013. I bought it used but unfired. I really like the grip treatment of the new gun, yes the reset is a vast improvement but.....overall the trigger, to me at least, still has a long take-up and travel after the release.

My gun has the Talon grip wrap ($17), Ameriglo "i dot" night sights ($125 installed) and the Apex full duty/carry kit with their polymer trigger ($150 installed). So while it's not quite fair to compare completely to the new model I don't see any reason to get one of the new ones-outside of the fact I just want one .

I also have a Shield set-up exactly the same with the exception of using the Apex aluminum trigger. My full size has been 100% reliable since I got it and it's quite accurate-the brand/type of ammo doesn't seem to matter. Same for the Shield, also a 9.

I prefer to buy American when I can, never liked the way the Block fit my hand thought they are also very reliable (at least in the 9s I've owned). I was very happy when S&W brought out the M&P and continue to be so. For this old 1911 guy that's saying something lol.

Last edited by S&W Fan; 01-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.