View Single Post

Old 01-15-2017, 03:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,145 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Would you be standing still and returning fire or would you be moving? If you would be moving, do you practice shooting at targets 25 yards away while GOTX?

Considering the odds of needing to make long range shots with a pistol, I think very little training time should be devoted to it. If someone wants to practice it, so be it, but with training time and energy being limited, it's makes sense to me to allocate the majority of my time to working on skills that have a higher probability of being applicable in likely defense scenarios and keep the long range work to a minimum.
If there are cars in the parking lot, I'm going to cover and THEN return fire. If the only cover is a curb or planter, I'll go prone and return fire. No cover at all? I'll shoot on the move to get to cover, any cover. And, yes, I practice shooting on the move at least once a month, weather permitting.

Odds are funny things. The odds of a USAF pilot needing his/her parachute are very small, but don't expect one to leave it behind.

There are wide hallways in my building that are more than 25 yards long. There is an atrium where the elevator lobbies are located that is 12 stories high and more than 25 yards from end to end. If something happens and I'm not near the two locations where our AR carbines are stored, it''s going to be me against whatever threat there is. That's why I practice at long ranges with my handguns.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Luke 22:36