View Single Post

Old 01-15-2017, 03:19 PM

Liked 479 Times in 167 Posts

I've have been reading the posts which contain a lot of good information. One thing appears to be overlooked, which I am certain must be assumed. That is as much practice with your selected firearm as possible. May I suggest laser ammo when you dry fire? No one has actually mentioned dry firing but for clarification it is very important. I have a LaserMax sight installed which I only use occasionally when dry firing with a Laser Ammo cartridge. Using the Laser Max together with the laser ammo shows where the bullet would actually hit on a target, generally within a 1/2 inch of the Laser Sight image. I don't use the LaserMax during regular practice or qualification, as I do not want to be dependent upon it. Although I certainly would use the LaserMax if needed at night.

Generally, at night when the weather permits I set up multiple targets in the backyard. Other times during the night or day time using the laser cartridge inside my home on a variety of selected targets, figurines, pictures on a wall, etc.. Granted you aren't hearing the big bang or getting the recoil but practice is practice, drawing, firing, snap shooting. It certainly paid off last week during my re-qualification. It certainly helps 'muscle memory' and increased familiarity with your firearm.

Last edited by Dvan34; 01-15-2017 at 03:24 PM.