View Single Post

Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm_creek_smith View Post
Get caught out in the street, parking lot, or even a mall, and you may see the reasoning for being able to hit a target at 25 yards, especially if the shooter is armed with a rifle. The 100 yard shooting is not as important, but being able to suppress a shooter's target selection process could save lives. Here, a police officer was potentially saved by a citizen's long range handgun marksmanship: Citizen shoots trailer park gunman, saves Texas officer

If you don't think it is an important skill, don't practice it. Since I don't routinely carry a rifle or shotgun, I'm going to practice at long range as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Even though it is very unlikely to need to make a shot out side of 15 to 20 feet I do still practice at lengths much longer ..

I practice out to 100 feet on the outdoor range .. usually 1 mag at least .. I will lean against a pole or the side of my Jeep to steady myself as I would behind cover .. I might not hit the center of the bulls eye of the target but I'm on target 7 or 8 out of 10 shots or better .. always takes me 1 or 2 to get the distance right .. but I could easily hit my target or keep someone penned down if needed at that distance and further ..