View Single Post

Old 01-22-2017, 01:47 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

I find very rough textures and soft tacky rubber ones to be a problem for concealed carry. Covering garments hang up on these surfaces, so the clothing may not hang or fall naturally. As well, clearing the cover garment on the draw can be more difficult.

I've handled a 2.0 here locally.

I would reduce the grip texture and disable the extra slide lock that prevents auto forwarding. I think an Apex flat faced trigger/sear/striker block/spring combo is better than any factory S&W trigger set up so I would likely replace the 2.0 trigger. Given these preferences, I see no advantage to a 2.0 for me.

The frame stiffening is nice but not critical. If the mag release is now metal, that is another "eh" feature.

And it appears the 5" cannot take an RDS because of the wanky long tactile Loaded Chamber Indicator.

Narrowing the slide is simply cosmetic. Shaving 2-3 oz is not significant for me.

The addition of small relieved areas at the bottom of the grip to help remove a mag is nice, but something I already have done to my 1.0's, although more aggressively than S&W does theirs.

I already reduce the too-long beavertails on my 1.0's and improve the grip with stippling (but not sandpaper texture).

The 2.0 is probably a good first FS M&P for some. I don't think there will be a whole lot of people unloading (pardon the pun) their 1.0's to get a 2.0. I bet S&W will support the 1.0 for a long time, and even make 1.0 5" slides for the Performance Center and CORE models.