View Single Post

Old 01-23-2017, 10:33 PM

Liked 52 Times in 34 Posts

I have a few revolvers and three out of four have hammers. I also have The Bodyguard 638. That's what I carry as a primary to my CCO 1911. The primary function of a snubby is for muggings, interviews and ambushes.

I always advocate that people should read _Shooting To Live_ by Sykes and Fairbairn as well as other point shooting instructionals by people such as Applegate. If you look at the history of training with point shooting which is probably 90% of what any of us would be involved with they didn't shoot really past 12 feet in training. Probably 80 to 90% of the training was done within these close ranges using point shooting ie not even really using the sights but using the gun itself as a reference in your peripheral vision in addition to indexing your body onto the threat. For such work double action is more than adequate.

However being the anal retentive I am I do like single action capability which is why I initially bought the 638. That plus I like to be able to check the hammer and make sure the trigger isn't being pressed as I re-holster.

I use a pocket and an ankle holster and I haven't yet found lint etc to be much of a problem either in terms of buildup or if it is present in terms of function of the gun. I do use some compressed air however to blow out my guns from time to time when I see they're getting linty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by njr; 01-23-2017 at 10:36 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: