View Single Post

Old 01-25-2017, 03:11 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

As I noted in my above post, After I decided to get one of these magazines as a spare for my Colt 1903, I was not able to order from my iPad, when logging on to their web site. When I got to work, I had the same problem with my work computer. Yesterday, I sent an email outlining my problem, and they responded within ten minutes (although I didn't know until last night, because I didn't check my mail).

Today, I called the person, Debbie Sarmir, who had responded. She is their customer service person, and she tells me that they do in fact still have magazines, and that she believes that she has fixed the problem that was causing the computer to indicate that they were out of stock, and kick out potential purchasers.

You can also order by calling her at (717) 721-4570.....which is what I did, since I was on the phone with her anyway.

Might note that they also have new made barrels, which might be something nice to know, since some of the older models may have been used with corrosive ammunition, and have less than pristine bores. Also, they have spring replacement kits, and newly made stocks, complete with the colt escutcheon, although it seems to be in gold, which I am not sure is historically correct, since all of my Colts from that era have the nickle silver style escutcheon.

I just dug my 1903 out of the deepest recesses of my safe to fiddle with for a few days before my new magazine arrives, so that I'll be able to add my test results to those of sigp220.45.

Thanks again to Mr. Sig, for the heads up on this cool item, which seems like a pretty good deal.

PS....Edit, 5:00 PM, EST.... I had never photographed the original magazine that came with my 1903, here it is:

Plus, since today was a balmy 59 degrees, I took my 1903 out and limbered her up in preparation for trying the new magazine when it gets here!! Shot into 1 1/2" at 7 yards. Not bad. 71 year old eyes looking over 92 year old sights. Who woulda thunk it??

Every time I handle this little gem, it reinforces my belief that John Moses Browning was a genius. I have quite a number of guns that he designed, and all of them exhibit traits that reflect his gift.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 01-25-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add photo
The Following 8 Users Like Post: