Thread: New 422
View Single Post

Old 01-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Liked 1,044 Times in 428 Posts

As everyone above has already mentioned - these are fantastic pistols! I bought a 622 on my 21st birthday many years ago. Man I loved that store too -long gone...I believe it was called Accuracy Gun Shop or similar - alway full of old gun guys hanging out talking shop. Anyway, they are very accurate, reliable with almost every round out there and just feel so good in the hand. I picked up a 422 from a pawn shop about 10 years ago for $200, just because I suppose. I then discovered, as mentioned above, that they make perfect suppressor hosts! The lower barrel to sight axis is perfect for that setup. I picked up a spare firing pin/spring from Numrich long ago and have them stored just in case, but both guns are still running strong. Get a stack of the magazines, don't leave them loaded and they should last you a long time. I'm still using the original mags from 24 years ago. I use a toothbrush and a rag to wipe them off every so often. They make both 10 and 12 round versions - both work well - I prefer the 12rd versions just because. Welcome to the 422/622 family!
Here's my 622 with a can attached - wicked on ptarmigan, grouse and rabbits!