View Single Post

Old 01-27-2017, 07:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 33,876 Times in 5,288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by les.b View Post
sigp220.45:

Well, just a quick update, just two days ago, on January 25th, I ordered my new Colt 1903 .32 magazine, and it arrived today, January 27. Thanks again for the information about this item.

Two days ago it was 59 degrees, and today it is 30, but I couldn't wait to test out my new magazine. Only fired 8 rounds through it, but just as with the issue magazine, this one appears to be a very well crafted item. As was pointed out, the markings on the floor plate are a mirror image of the original, perhaps to discourage the unscrupulous from trying to pass these off as original collector items. But it is a perfect fit in the pistol, and has that silky feel that the original has when being slipped into the gun. The cartridges fit in exactly the same fashion as in the original magazine, and the spring tension appears to be the same, which is a factor in reliable feeding.

As I mentioned, I only ran a magazine full through today, but there were no problems, nor do I expect any in the future. I am grateful to you for alerting us to this hard to find item. The price is very decent, at $36.00, plus $6.45 for priority USPS Priority shipping with tracking. As I pointed out, 48 hours after I ordered, I was holding the item in my hand.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, they also have a complete spring kit available for only $25.00. This is a great deal, and I can't imagine why I didn't include one with my magazine order, even though my gun runs perfectly, it would be a comfort to have a complete set of springs in the parts cabinet drawers in case of breakage or weakening in the future. I plan to order a set soon, while they are still available, and perhaps even another spare magazine, now that I see how well this one works with my little Colt!.

Best Regards, Les
Good to hear, Les.

They also have new barrels, but they are only for the Type IIIs and later, without the barrel bushing. Mine has the bushing, but despite a kinda dark bore it shoots pretty well.