Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts
Default Tavor X95

Just shot this yesterday:

This is my best group from this rifle.

Rifle: Tavor X95
Optic: Trijicon MRO (2MOA dot)
Ammunition: Wolf Gold 55grain
Shot from a bench rest.

I've only had this rifle for a short time, but it's really amazing.

There is absolutely no muzzle rise when firing. Normally I would discount any kind of absolute statement like this, but on this rifle it really is true. I watched my friend fire it and the muzzle moved more from his input while standing off hand than from recoil.

This is likely due to the low bore axis. The trade off is a high sight over bore dimension.

Everything else about this rifle is truly brilliant. The mag release is ambidextrous and easily reached by the trigger finger. The mag well being behind the grip is weird at first, but with a little practice I've found it easier and faster than the standard AR.

Every normal action can be completed without tools. The bolt and piston group can be removed by pushing just one captured pin. The trigger group will drop out for maintenance or cleaning by pushing two captured pins.

It does require a special tool for barrel removal, but with that tool, it only takes about 5 minutes to get the barrel off. Then it can be converted to .300Blackout or 9mm.

Lots to love about this. If you haven't fired one, find someone who has one. I'm not giving up on my ARs, but I do reach for this one first.