View Single Post

Old 02-03-2017, 03:32 PM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycle View Post
if I purchase the gemtech gm 22 will I need to have anything special done to the barrel to get it to fit properly.
I suggest you look at Silencer Shop first. They have arrangements will many FFL/SOT's. You decide what you want, look at their list of FFL's and the price of that FFL for the can of your choice. After you decide on which one and which FFL- contact Silencer Shop, pay for suppressor, they will file Form 3 to transfer to FFL, they will also file form 4 ( Tax Stamp ) and there is no transfer fee. You may have to pay tax on Suppressor depending on your state- Mi requires Tax be paid on suppressor- since dealer is acting as "broker" in this case. The FFL will hold the can till ATF sends stamp To dealer, then you go fill out 4473, ( pay tax if needed ) and can is now yours. Silencer Shop is very good about doing paperwork correctly and quickly, and I have not be able to find lower prices on most cans, without transfer fees.
As for the barrel threading- it is important that the person doing the threading knows what they are doing- Just because they can thread it does not mean that they will do it correctly. I use a local smith who is FFL/SOT he "tunes" thread to can. You will need a Copy of your stamp ( form 4 ) to leave it with the FFL/SOT. Be Safe,