View Single Post

Old 02-04-2017, 01:06 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Two Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefStealth View Post
For me, carrying this time of year is easy. I have a nice NRA bomber jacket that has elastic straps velcroed into pockets on the inside of the jacket. In effect, its a shoulder holster. Secure.. easy to deploy. Walking, sitting in car, all the same.
In summer, its different. IWB cross-draw while not in car. While in car, just put the pistol between my legs.
IMHO, the wearing of any piece of clothing that advertises that a person is a "Gunnie" i.e. the NRA jacket or hat or shirt can alert bad guy(s) that one is probably armed. ....... Just say'in. It seems to me that keeping all others from even suspecting that I'm armed is to my advantage.

And, placing a firearm anyplace in a vehicle that would allow it to be dislodged into the floorboard or under the seat is not the optimum place for a handgun that just might be needed quickly. That is exactly what happened to one of the FBI Agents in the Miami Shootout. The FBI Agents in that shootout paid the price for his mistake.

I mentioned the word 'advantage' above. After a few years of martial arts training with firearms, I came to realize that one can't give away very many "advantages or edges or ticks of the clock" in a gunfight. ...........
The Following 2 Users Like Post: