Thread: 32 help?
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2017, 12:59 PM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

One of the great mysteries to me is why the corporate decision makers at S&W refuse to recognize and respond to the interest in the various 32 caliber revolvers. They had to be virtually blackmailed into making the 16-4 in a fairly limited run, and were eager to discontinue them when a pre-set cutoff number were produced (and pretty quickly sold out.) Each of the J-frame models in 32 has been given almost a stealth release which comes and goes before most of us even know about the limited number that become "available." If the powers-that-be ever try to think up another "Classic" revolver for that series, I would suggest that a Model 16-5 ought to be a good one... I might even swallow my revulsion and purchase one, MIM, IL, and all. Of course the old 631 with target sights and 3 or 4" barrel would also be a winner IMHO, as would the theoretical Model 616 that I had built for myself. Now that is the logical platform for handling all of the 32 handgun cartridges in one gun. JMHO, but I don't buy thousands of a single model of gun (or total number of guns for that matter so what do I know?)

Froggie
The Following 2 Users Like Post: