View Single Post

Old 02-10-2017, 04:41 AM

Liked 29,290 Times in 13,848 Posts
Default Somebody had a set of Arabic letter stamps....

It seems that even if you are from Afghanistan or wherever, it would be easy enough to copy a description from somewhere, but that looks like they just wanted to put a lot of random letters and numbers on it to make it look impressive. It seems that if they were going to take the trouble to make or copy a pistol they could mark it with that at least looks legitimate. Apparently it is made to be sold to people that don't care who, what or where it was made and don't really care. I guess having 'western' writing on it increased the value considerably with the regional customers. Maybe I'm expecting too much. If I'm trying to pass off something as Russian or Middle Eastern and I had a set of Cyrillic or Arabic stamps, mine wouldn't be much better. I've been trying to decipher Russian lyrics to songs and what they say and how the words are spelled vs the sounds and words produced seems to be entirely random to me. I might as well be trying to decipher Chinese. My familiarity with Latin and Romance languages is of no help at all. Thank goodness for Google translator.

BTW I have some handloads that I'd like to try out in that.

Last edited by rwsmith; 02-10-2017 at 04:46 AM.