View Single Post

Old 02-14-2017, 01:16 PM

Liked 333 Times in 170 Posts
Default Concealed Carry in Israel?

Just before I deleted it, I viewed an old video advertisement for an Israeli-manufactured "improved" Browning Hi-Power pistol. The demonstrators were highly skilled and quickly accurate with the pistol. And then I realized the demonstration shooting included a feature of usage that was bizarre.

Every shooter cycled the slide of his pistol before shooting. In my mind that means one-armed shooters and shooters with "bad" or weak hands have a strong likelihood of doing no better than a tie were that person confronted by an unexpected attack - now prevalent in Israel. In an article about Utah's current legislative bill for Constitutional Carry, reference was made to "Israeli Carry," meaning what I observed in the advertisement video.

The explanation for the carry mode by Israeli military makes at least some sense in a silly way. Are Israeli civilians with handgun licenses (I don't know whether there is an additional license needed to carry concealed.) also required to carry their semiautomatic pistols with chamber empty? Although I do not know whether civilians can carry revolvers and derringers. If they can, how are these people allowed to carry - that is, must revolvers and derringers also be "empty" for that all-important emergency first shot?

Last edited by Naphtali; 02-15-2017 at 01:01 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: