View Single Post

Old 02-17-2017, 05:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 121 Times in 55 Posts

I use the Wilson Combat package (Custom-TuneĢ Spring Kit | S&W K/L/N Frame Revolvers-http://shopwilsoncombat.com/ )

So far I have had great results with the Wilson combat main spring and the 14lb rebound spring. (in a 586, 686). Good thing is you can play around with each spring weight, I just prefer the 14lb as a standard.

- I have not had good or consistency using the Wolf reduced main spring with any rebound spring combinations.

- I have also found that my 617 is a tricky booger, I have not found a good combo yet that can give reliable ignition and lighter springs but...I am also new to performing my own action jobs and not great at matching spring weights to something quite as sensitive as the .22 617 combo. Still tinkering with it.

It has been a learning experience and I have now performed my own action slicking up on a model 60, 686, 586, and 617.

Long story short, a spring kit can reduce a little weight or alot of weight, and a few strokes with some stones can slick up the rough spots.

Last edited by buckyjames1; 02-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.